BC Golf Courses
BC Golf Courses: 38 Golf Courses close by from Villa Orion Penticton
BC Golf Courses, here in The Okanagan Valley, are Canada’s sunniest spot for a golf vacation. Averaging over 2,000 hours of sun every year. And offers one of the longest, driest golf seasons in Canada.
Vineyards, orchards, semi-desert terrain, rolling hills, and expansive lakes make the golf courses in the area some of the most picturesque in the country.
Location Villa Orion on Google Maps
Explore on Google Maps the stunning location of Villa Orion (= Orion Consultings Ltd.= the owner).
The championship golf courses themselves are world-class, designed by renowned names such as Les Furber and Jack Nicklaus’ Golden Bear Design. These courses will accommodate both the professional golfer, the amateur, the casual and dedicated golfer.
BC Golf Courses offers you the following 38 golf courses for all Leagues:
Vernon & Area Golf Courses
1) Royal York Golf Course
2) Spallumcheen Golf & Country Club
3) Vernon Golf & Country Club
4) Okanagan Hills
5) Lakers Golf
6) Coldstream Golf Course
7) River Ridge Golf Course
8) Predator Ridge located about 30 minutes north of Kelowna in the town of Vernon.
This 27-hole Les Furber design has been created on a massive scale. Built in an enormous valley, the 1,200-acre property is a mile wide and two miles long. Two of the three nines, Osprey and Red Tail, are heath-land style courses bereft of trees, full of mounding and covered in wheatgrass. Emboldened by the success of the Canadian Skins Game that was contested there a few years ago visitors keep arriving and discovering this remote course and want to own a little piece. A brand-new spa called Rituals opened in recent years. The fourth nine is slated to open soon and will complement Peregrine, so there will be one wooded and one heath-land course on property. Predator Ridge is a great facility already but will improve and expand in the years to come.
9) Lake Okanagan Resort & Golf
10) Aspen Grove Golf Club
Kelowna & Area Golf Courses
May be Kelowna has not entered into your mindset as a place to travel to for a golf vacation in Canada. Because you have never heard of Kelowna or the Okanagan Valley. If the hypothesis is true, you have to taste this region of BC! It boasts of delightful courses and is on the cusp of becoming the next great up-and-coming hot golf destination in North America.
Places to Eat after Golf is Wild Apple Grill at the Manteo Resort, a nice selection for gourmet continental cuisine. Also dine at Christopher’s Steak and Seafood, The Teahouse for its orchard setting, Yamas Taverna for Greek specialties or The Vintage Room for seafood.
For Spas choose the best full-service of Manteo Resort, with nice lake views, a swimming pool, a health club. Thirty minutes away in the town of Vernon is rustic Predator’s Ridge, with a lodge, stand-alone condominiums and brand-new Rituals spa.
11) Okanagan Golf Club offers 36 unique holes of golf and is literally five minutes from the airport.
The Les Furber-designed Quail Course is all about placement. Power is of secondary concern, as from the middle tee box the distances on the par 4 holes are mostly in the 330-yard range,” said Daley. “Even the championship markers at 6,800 yards feature a quartet of par 4s that are 340 yards or less.” The Quail Course is a magnificent par 72, 18-hole championship golf course. Designed by Les Furber and built in 1994, this unique course features dramatic elevation changes and breath taking views as 6,794 yards of multi-tiered fairways meander around a majestic rock bluff.
Meanwhile, the Bear Course by contrast is more driver friendly.
This Nicklaus Design Company creation (1998) is roomier, a bit flatter and offers several different looks throughout the round. The Bear is an 18-hole, 6,885 yard, par 72 masterpiece. With dramatic sculpted fairways surrounded by the forests and sage brush hills. The Bear’s signature hhole comes at number three, 453 yards of challenge requiring a combination of accuracy and distance to avoid two bunkers en route to the green. While the course boasts an extensive collection of sweet holes, number thirteen though fifteen – playing over the blue waters of Lake McIvor – are the real honey here.
12) Shadow Ridge Golf Club
15) Bell Mountain Golf Course
17) McCulloch Orchards Greens
18) Harvest Golf Club’s most endearing attribute is that it winds through 80 acres of British Columbia fruit orchards and vineyards. Beyond standard birdies and bogeys, here peaches, cherries, apricots, apples and grapes grow alongside or close by the manicured fairways. From tee to green, the Graham Cooke-designed course is a beautiful but mostly benign test of golf. The greens are a different story. They are massive in scope, many with more levels than a parking garage.
“There are a number of reasons why we’re among the more popular choices in this region, besides this wonderfully pristine setting,” said Barry Cox, a Canadian Rockies golf expert and resident in of the Okanagan Valley region in BC. “When people think of Okanagan Valley, they think of mountains, lakes and orchards. Well, here we are playing among the orchards, looking down at the beautiful lake, with mountains as the backdrop.”
Harvest Golf Club is an extremely pleasant ramble, with a singular feature rarely seen in modern golf. You’re not beholden to the cart girl for sustenance, nor do you need to wait for the snack shack at the turn. Just reach up to the fruit-bearing trees that live in the Okanagan Valley region here in BC while making your way round and snag a crisp McIntosh or Gala apple fresh off the vine. It’s an experience to savor that will add to your golf vacation to British Columbia.
19) Gallagher’s Canyon Golf is a spectacular par 72, 18-hole championship course of challenging fairways , well protected greens and awe-inspiring vistas.
This Bill Robinson and Les Furber design is located on a bench of land near Gallagher’s Canyon. It is crucial to remember that “bench” in this instance is a geographic term and, unlike a perfectly flat park or picnic bench, this “bench” bends uphill, downhill and side-hill, sometimes concurrently. Gallagher’s Canyon golf course varies and the best example of this fact is the quartet of par 3 holes. “Over chasms, severely uphill, plunging downward from nosebleed distance, every one-shot hole on the course has its own story,” said Paul Dalley, a Canada golf expert. “Beyond the canyon, which is just adjacent to the seventh tee, are Black Mountain and Layer Cake Mountain, offering even more memorable viewing opportunities to a facility that has no shortage.”
SCORE Golf Magazine ranks Gallagher’s Canyon among the top 50 courses in Canada.
You also invited to play a 9-hole mid-length Pinnacle Course. This is a par 32, 1,984-yard course built to the same exacting standards as the Canyon Course. With a variety of tee placements, the Pinnacle’s clever design makes it perfect for golfers of any ability; it’s challenging enough for beginners to enjoy as they learn the game.
20) Mission Creek Golf
21) Michaelbrook Ranch Golf
23) Two Eagles Golf Course
24) Ponderosa Golf & Club
Penticton & Area Golf Courses
No matter where you choose to go while on a golf vacation to Okanagan Valley BC, golfers are sure to experience something new and delightful. Always remember to book a time in advance.
25) Sumac Ridge Golf & Country Club is a 9-hole championship public facility, with par 28, and 1578 yards, in Summerland BC. Some say it’s the toughest short course in Western Canada. Sumac Ridge is located on Highway 97 just north of the lakeside community of Summerland. Telephone: 250-494-3122
26) Summerland Golf & Country Club is a 6135 yard, par 72, 18 hole golf course. This golf course sits on Paradise Flats in Summerland, overlooking Trout Creek Canyon and Okanagan Lake. “The front nine is characterized by generous fairways, relatively flat terrain, and a combination of links style as well as tree lined holes. The front nine features four significant par 4’s that are all in the 400 yard plus range. The back nine moves into a wonderful grove of Ponderosa Pines, and features rolling fairways, elevation changes and undulating greens.” The clubhouse looks out onto a panoramic view of the golf course and the Okanagan Valley. Telephone: 250-494-9554
27) Pine Hills Golf Club
28) Sage Mesa Golf Club is an public 9 hole executive course and has an ‘Arizona style desert layout’ with 3 alternate tees on each hole for the complete 18 hole experience. It’s over 2100 yards, and a par 33 golf course, located in the city of Penticton and overlooks Okanagan Lake. The facility offers a driving range, snack shop, and power golf carts. Telephone: 250-492-8814
29) Riverside Golf
30) Penticton Golf & Country Club is founded in 1922 and opened the first 18-hole course in 1961.
This is an 18 hole, par 70 championship course, with 5,618 yards right in the city of Penticton. “The fairways are narrow, there is water in play on twelve holes, and well placed bunkers protect the greens. You will need to bring a strong wedge game and a solid putting stroke to score well here. Positional play from tee to green is another key to a good round.” You’ll find a full service Pro shop, clubhouse and lounge, Putting greens, a chipping green and practice cages are open when the golf course is open for play. The driving range is open depending on conditions of range area. Telephone: 250-492-8727
31) Pleasant Valley Golf
32) Skaha Meadows Golf is a 9 hole layout of 2,435 yards and a par 35. This course is a well maintained, challenging, public course in the city of Penticton near Skaha Lake and Skaha Beach. Described as an easy walking, flat golf course, very suitable for golfers of all ages and abilities, Skaha Meadows is well known for it is friendly and welcoming atmostphere. There’s a clubhouse on site and they offer power carts, pull carts, and golf club rentals. Telephone: 250-492-7274
33) Twin Lakes Golf Resort features a spectacular golf course in a peaceful mountain setting. The resort is a pet friendly, full service RV Park, and is one of the most popular South Okanagan golf courses among locals. If your RV golf tours bring you here, you get a discount on the golfing! And kids 15 & under golf for free! The golf course is a par 72, 18 hole course is 6867 yards, and features strategically bunkered greens and fairways, elevated tees, and water hazards on four holes. Telephone: 250-497-5359
34) St. Andrews by the Lake Golf. Located south of Penticton near the Astrophysical Observatory on White Lake Road.
This mature mid-length nine-hole golf course will appeal to golfers of all levels. Our signature hole is a 165-yard par three requiring a tee shot over water to an island green with its own miniature “Swilken Bridge”. Wildlife abounds and it is not unusual to see deer on the course while osprey fish in the lake where blue herons stand like statues in the evening. We are perhaps the only golf course in the world with an “official” turtle crossing. Voted the best nine-hole golf course in the South Okanagan for two years running.
Osoyoos & Area Golf Courses
35) Nk’Mip Canyon Desert Golf is an 18 hole, par 72, 6,843 yard course, in beautiful wine country setting, Oliver BC.
Owned and operated by the Osoyoos Indian Band, Nk’Mip Canyon expanded from a relaxed nine-hole course to a championship model in 2001. Described as an easily walked course, the facility offers three full-length practice holes, and driving range with 14 stalls and five target greens. One of the most unique South Okanagan golf courses, it is designed for all levels of player ability, and offers GPS on power carts. Play through a desert vineyard, with sage and stone vistas, with the sun reflecting off the mountains. Telephone: 1-800-656-5755
36) Fairview Mountain Golf Club in Oliver BC, was originally established in 1925 as one of the early Okanagan golf courses. This par 72, 18 hole golf course, has been rated in the Top 100 courses in the country by Score Magazine, and as a 4 Star “Must Play” golf facility by Golf Digest. Fairview Mountain is said of offer one of the best ‘short game facilities’ in the Okanagan Valley, with 3 large grass tee decks, a 12,000 square foot pitching green, a second chipping green and multiple types of bunkers. Telephone: 250-498-6050
37) Sonora Dunes Golf Club in Osoyoos BC is one of two Okanagan golf courses that’s open year-round. A playable par 35 course offers golfers of all abilities a challenge. Two sets of tees offer variety whether you’ re looking for a quick 9 or a relaxing 18 holes. This golf facility offers club rentals, power cart rentals, a licensed clubhouse with an outdoor patio, and a pro shop, and is known for it’ s breath taking views of Osoyoos, vineyard and surrounding mountains from every hole on the course. Telephone: 250-495-4653
38) Osoyoos Golf & Country Club in Osoyoos BC is one of two Okanagan golf courses that’s open year-round. A championship 36 hole, par 72 golf course. Osoyoos Golf & Country Club has two unique 18 hole championship golf courses: the Park Meadows and the Desert Gold, and over 6300 yards of golf course. Defined by Score Magazine as “Canada’s Best Hidden Gem” this is popular among all Okanagan golf courses and has a fully stocked Golf Shop, three CPGA Golf Professionals, a 14 stall driving range, a pitching green and a putting on which to fine-tune your skills. Telephone: 250-495-7003.