Canal House Amsterdam
Canal House Amsterdam for Holidays, Expats, Retirement
We can also offer you our 17th century town house 18 km from Amsterdam Central Station. Amsterdam International Airport is 35 taxi minutes. Free parking in front of our door! Public transport is excellent here. From Amsterdam CS it is 18 bus minutes to Monnickendam. A hourly frequency of 5 buses!
When you don’t want to stay in Hilton or Marriott in Amsterdam. And you want to live like the locals. Rent our home for (expat) work, retirement or holiday.
You are leasing the first and second floor of our 17th century town house. Completely furnished with high-end utilities & facilities. Modern stylish furnished. Beautifully situated in the heart of this 760 years old fishing town, Monnickendam.
Entrance front door on GROUND FLOOR via PRIVATE staircase:
The Dutch Buoy: First Floor (60 square meter):
Attractive LIVING/DINING ROOM, red brown parquet (Padoek), fast WiFi, huge LED Philips BDL5585XL/00 and a stunning panorama over Harbor:
Ultra-modern KITCHEN with Gaggenau hardware: exhaust system, gas cooker, top stove, fridge, dishwasher and deep-freeze cabinet. Casseroles & utensils from Michel Montignac:
A STORE ROOM with the towels and bed-clothes.
And the first BEDROOM: with a Timothy Oulton King Size Bed, The Brigadier, 180 X 200. This bed is designed for today’s deep divers, high climbers, dream chasers and highflyers who each day strike out to change the world again.
The Brigadier mattress, 32 cm – 12½ ” thick, has two full layers of individual calico pocket Energy springs and is richly extravagantly upholstered with New Zealand wool, 100% long stranded cotton and the finest Mongolian horsehair. Your nights will never be the same.
The Dutch Buoy: Second Floor (40 square meter):
Staircase to SECOND FLOOR: second BEDROOM: from our Excellent Queen Size bed you are looking into an electrifying monumental fishery harbor. Oak floor.
Canal House Amsterdam: The Dutch Buoy.
Second modern BATHROOM – gorgeous view over District Lake – with shower, toilet bowl, urinal and two wash basins.
LIBRARY with two white Barcelona chairs. STORE ROOM with Miele washing machine & condense dryer. And the THIRD Bedroom.
Total surface of the first + second floor is about 100 square meters.
The Dutch Buoy: Feeling like Home at Historical Location + Technologies + Concierge
Leaving your home for one to many more months you expect to have a fast WIFI, a laser printer, good lighting for work, a top bed, 50-100 MHz for bandwidth and top audio & television. The longer your stay, the higher your expectations. Our monumental town house is challenging your high expectations with its five-star amenities: modern furniture, excellent bed-clothes, technology entertainment, exclusive artwork and celebrity amenities. And our concierge is respecting your privacy and being there when needed.
Your Welcome and Bye-Bye will be facilitated by our local concierge. During your stay they are at your service.
You are living in the CENTER of an almost 800 years old fishing town: restaurants, pubs, butcher, grocery, etc. are all within a 200 meter distance.
Our Town House can be leased short term (minimum 4 nights or more) or long term (minimum 1 month or more).
You are renting a HIGH END house with COMPLETE utilities, furniture etc. You only have to take with you your tooth brush 🙂
You can rent The Dutch Buoy via firstname.lastname@example.org or HomeAway.nl or airbnb.nl or booking.com
Optimal capacity is 4 persons. Maximum capacity is 6 persons. Town House Amsterdam: The Dutch Buoy.
The Dutch Buoy: Short Term Rental Rates in Euros, 4 nights’ Minimum Stay, Maximum Capacity 6 Persons:
From 4. November till 23. December 2017 = Lower Season rate is € 195 per night. Additional costs for 5th/6th person = € 35 pn/pp. Refundable risk deposit = € 300
From 23. December till 6. January 2018 = Shoulder Season rate is € 235 per night for 4 persons. Additional costs for 5th/6th person = € 35 pp/pn.Refundable risk deposit = € 300
From 6. January till 17. March 2018 = Lower Season rate is € 195 per night for 4 persons. Additional costs for 5th/6th person = € 35 pn/pp. Refundable risk deposit = € 300
From 17. March till 16. June 2018 = Shoulder Season rate is € 235 per night for 4 persons. Additional costs for 5th/6th person = € 35 pn/pp.Refundable risk deposit = € 300
From 16. June till 15. September 2018 = Peak Season rate is € 295 per night for 4 persons. Additional costs for 5th/6th person = € 35 pn/pp.Refundable risk deposit = € 300
From 15. September till 3. November 2018 = Shoulder Season rate is € 235 per night. Additional costs for 5th/6th person = € 35 pn/pp. Refundable risk deposit = € 300
From 3. November till 15. December 2018 = Lower Season rate is € 195 per night. Additional costs for 5th/6th person = € 35 pn/pp. Refundable risk deposit = € 300
From 15. December till 5. January 2019 = Shoulder Season rate is € 235 per night for 4 persons. Additional costs for 5th/6th person = € 35 pp/pn.Refundable risk deposit = € 300
The Dutch Buoy: Long Term Rental Rates in Euros per Month for 4 Persons and 3 Months’ Minimum Stay:
Long term rent in Low Season Month ( = January, February, March, November) = C$ 2’500 per month.
Long term rent in Shoulder Season Month (= April, May, October, December) = C$ 3’500 per month.
Long term rent in Peak Season Month (June, July, August, September) = C$ 4’500 per month.
Inclusive = all utility costs (gas, electricity, water, fast WiFi, TV) + 1 x per week house cleaning (3 hours) + weekly bedclothes’/towels’ washing + local concierge.
Maximum capacity = 6 persons (= 3 bedrooms + 2 bathrooms).
The History of Waterland, just north of Amsterdam
North of Amsterdam after the Romans retreated North Sea areas, “Edge of the World, Michael Pye, 2015 Penguin”:
• First the Frisians (650-900 CE) developed these peat zones, building on domes and cushions (= terpen) their villages. Using their flat-bottomed boats – look at the picture in front of The Dutch Buoy – to trade and spreading the use of money. Once drained, all sodden peat, became land for farming. Medemblik became transit town for freight from the Rhine to Scandinavia and England.The sea broke into the lake and turned it brackish and tidal: what was used to be called the Zuider Zee.
• Then the Vikings (800-1200 CE) came to rob & trade. Between 1100-1300 most of the Zuider Zee was lined with dikes. The Dutch already had the reputation for managing water: “free ground with free people”. Peat-mining became an industry: for fuel and breweries from Amsterdam to Antwerp. The towns had ruined the peat grounds with their appetite for fuel. Now the ground was spoiled led to the building of dams and towns like Amsterdam and Monnickendam.
• Then Hansa towns (1250-1550 CE), a cartel between Hamburg, Lubeck, Cologne, York, London and Edinburgh, banded together to keep their ships safe, made sure they were well treated in foreign ports. Around 1550 Hansa towns deteriorated.
• Amsterdam (1550-1650 CE) became the (physical) stock market for Atlantic & Pacific trade. The golden age of Amsterdam is beginning: the art, the riches, the great fleets and the complex markets in anything from paper, grain, species, slaves. Power became a matter of show and glitz as well as armies and diplomacy, soft power perhaps but essential when a ruler is surrounded by disorderly, independent towns and dependent on big merchant enterprises.
Local/Regional Attractions & Distances from The Dutch Buoy
• Local: cycling, sailing, skating, fishing, swimming, cocooning in a boat, billards & darts, tennis, golf, swimming pool, ice & wind surfing, cruising
• Ancient fishery villages: Marken (11 km), Volendam (11 km), Edam (18 km), Hoorn (35 km), Enkhuizen (45 km), Medemblik (50 km)
• Amsterdam (18 km): Canals, Rembrandt, van Gogh, Concert Orchestra, Secret Gardens, East Indian Company, Paradiso, Coffee Shops
• North Sea Beaches (Bloemendaal = 38 km & Zandvoort = 41 km), + Tulip Bulb Fields (= 45 km) + Water (Saw) Mills (Zaansche Schans = 43 km).
Advantages of Monnickendam compared with a rental in Amsterdam
• Safer: no masses, no minorities, no refugees
• 50% Cheaper than a rental in Amsterdam and ZERO parking costs
• More authentic smell from flat bottomed boats, mackerel & ale, warfs
• Living here like a local: not among students, refugees & minorities.