Penticton Festivals 2018
Penticton Festivals 2018, South Okanagan Valley
1. Okanagan Winter Wine Festival, 20th Annual Sun Peaks Winter Okanagan Wine Festival 12 – 21. January
For example: 21. January 2018, 11:30am to 1:30pm, Voyageur Bistro starts a four-course Sunday brunch with all the best British Columbia has to offer, focusing on British Columbia products including local cheeses, fruits across the Okanagan and the best British Columbia proteins from the land and sea. Also, on offer, will be a selection of sparkling and local British Columbia wines handpicked by our own wine expert, Gerri! Van Staldinnen, and paired perfectly with each course. Price: $50
2. Okanagan Valley Throwdown on 13. and 14. January
Look at: http://www.throwdownseries.ca/the-series/
3. 2018 Scotties Tournament of Hearts, Canadian Women’s Curling Championship, Conference Center Penticton: 26. Jan.- 4. Febr.
“The South Okanagan will put on a great show, not only for the curlers and their families, but also for curling fans from across Canada, and I’m confident this will be an event remembered for years to come.” “Really, the Scotties is the world premier curling event for ladies which has a tremendous following both from fans and viewers alike,” the mayor said. “It has great short term impact to $6 million.”
4. Apex Mountain Resort: Brewski, a Craft Beer, Cider and Spirits Event on 17. February.
Apex Mountain Resort Presents: The 5th Annual Brewski A Craft Beer, Cider & Spirits Event! Click Here To Buy Tickets Brewski Tickets Saturday, February 17th, 2018 Tickets include: 8 beer tokens, tasty appies supplied by the Gunbarrel and an after party with live music. Brewski event is 6:30-9:30 pm in the Gunbarrel Saloon Restaurant. Food will be served from 6:30-8:30pm. Followed by a live band starting at 10pm. More than 20 breweries, cideries and distilleries will be participating! Confirmed breweries, cideries…………….Look at: https://www.apexresort.com/events/
5. OneWorld Multicultural Celebration on 24. March. Look at:
6. Verticals and Vintages on 10. March. Look at: htpps://www.apexresort.com/events/
7. Okanagan Concert Band Festival on 6. + 7. March. Look at: https://okconcertband.weebly.com/
8. CSSHL BDO Championships from 9. till 18. March.
Look at: http://championship.csshl.ca/leagues/
9. Penticton Ramada Elevator Race on 24. March. Look at: http://www.hoodooAadventures.ca/the-elevator-race/
10. Okanagan Valley Writer`s Festival from 6. till 8. April. Look at: https://okanaganvalleywritersfestival.com/
Location Villa Orion on Google Maps
Explore on Google Maps the stunning location of Villa Orion (= Orion Consultings Ltd.= the owner).
11. Okanagan Fest-of-Ale on 13. and 14. April.
Take in to the Fest-of-Ale and you’ll discover just what you can do with some water, grain, barley and hops and more than a drop of creativity. Your ticket to our popular spring celebration of craft beer and micro brews can only be bought in advance. Once inside you’ll raise a glass with brew masters from more than 20 Canadian and American craft breweries. Taste the regional differences of beer brewed in BC’s Interior, in the heartland of Saskatechewan or on the streets of downtown Toronto. Rub shoulders with other beer aficionados, comparing pints and flavour points of distinction or chill out with a cold one while the party swirls around you. Look at: http://festofale.ca/
12. Spring Okanagan Wine Festival, Best of Varietal Best Wine Awards and Reception from 3. till 13. May.
Fill your glass! It’s easy to do at three fabulous festivals in the South Okanagan: spring, summer or fall. We’re right in the heart of wine country, so it makes perfect sense you’d base your wine festival adventure here, no matter what time of year you choose to visit. The festivals each feature more than 100 events and plenty of opportunities for you to meet and mingle with winemakers. Whether you’re a wine spectator or connoisseur, you can savour a full merit age of activities to sniff and sip your way through. www.thewinefestivals.com. Be the first to see who wins the 2014 Best of Varietal Awards! Join us from 6pm – 8:30pm as we hand out the Best of Varietal Awards. Spring Okanagan WestJet Wine Tastings are a celebration of all things fresh and alive. Sip swirl and discover what the Okanagan Valley has to offer in the world of wine. The Valley First Blind Wine and Cheese Soiree, presented by Dairy Farmers of Canada, this unique event is a tease for your taste buds and senses. Local wineries and Dairy Farmers of Canada invite you to join. Look at: https://www.winefestivals.com/
13. Barley Mill Pub Bare Bones Duathlon on 12. May.
14. Meadowlark Nature Festival from 17. till 21. May.
Celebrate Mother Nature and more than 100 ways to love our natural surroundings at the annual Meadowlark Nature Festival. Learn about Penticton’s unique ecosystem through guided excursions on horseback, bike or voyageur canoe. Stroke a snake, pan for gold, take a nature art-class – this is one festival that’s completely hands-on. Attend workshops and presentations by environmental experts who share insights into the plant and wildlife that call this place home. Look at: .
15. Penticton Beer Run on 2. June. Look at: http://www.hoodooadventures.ca/penticton-beer-run/
Penticton Festivals 2018, South Okanagan Valley, Featured Events
16. Peach City Bridge Tournament from 11 till 17. June. Look at: http://tournaments.acbl.org/
17. Pacific Northwest Elvis Festival from 21. till 24. June.
Get ‘all shook up’ for this 3 day homage to the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll. If you recall the days of the King, you’ll want to experience Elvis tribute artists taking to the stage performing in a range of amateur and professional competitions. Headliners at the event will make you look twice and question if Elvis is really still alive and well. The Sunday morning gospel show is always one of the festival’s most popular events. Look at: www.pentictonelvisfestival.ca
18. Peach City Beach Cruise from 22. till 24. June.
Hit the open road for Penticton and relive the golden days when hot rods ruled the roads. Enjoy three days of action as more than 800 classic, antique and hot rod cars and motorcycles show off their vintage vibe on wine tours, at beverage gardens and their annual beach cruise parade. Look at: www.peachcitybeachcruise.com.
19. Penticton Ribfest from 29. June till 2. July. Look at http://www.pentictonribfest.com/
20. Penticton Canada Day Celebrations on 1. July.
21. Okanagan Trestles Tour on 1. July.
22. Penticton Scottish Festival on 7. July.
23. Granfondo Axel Merckx Okanagan Cyclist Race on 8. July.
Saddle up for the ride of your life at the Granfondo Axel Merckx Okanagan and discover for yourself why Cycling Canada Magazine rated Penticton & Wine Country Canada’s #1 cycling community. Competitive and recreational cyclists come together in Penticton’s downtown core for what has been described as one of the most scenic rides around past orchards and vineyards laden with fruit, in the shadow of mountains and along glimmering lakes. Choose from the 55-kilometre Cortofondo, the 92-kilometre Mediofondo or the main event, a 160-kliometre Granfondo ride. Don’t go too fast, or you may miss some of the cycling celebrities that come out for this event, including five-time Tour de France winner Eddy Merckx and his professional athlete son Axel Merckx. Look at: www.granfondoaxelmerckx.com
24. Peach Classic Triathlon on 15. July.
Peach Classic Triathlon will be the 33nd running of this long standing event. This year the race will be covered live by 4 internet cameras. Finish, swim, transition bike/run. Peach Classic Course is:
Swim – 1.5 km Olympic & 750 meter Sprint. Starting from the Ironman Beach and returning to it. The course will be managed by Penticton Search & Rescue. 1 hour cut-off time.
Bike – 40 km Olympic & 20 km Sprint. From the transition cyclists will head west along Lakeshore Drive to the roundabout at S.S. Sicamous, back along Lakeshore Drive, up Vancouver Hill etc.
Run – 10 km Olympic & 5 km Sprint. ’BIG CLASSIC CHANGE’. From transition athletes will head east on Lakeshore Drive and follow bike route up Vancouver Hill to Vancouver Place where athletes will join KVR trail etc.
25. Penticton Peach Festival from 8. till 12. August.
Remember long days at the county fair, playing carnival games and thrilling to all the excitement of the midway? Take that feeling and multiply it by 67 and you’ll come close to experiencing Penticton Peachfest. It’s the oldest of all Penticton’s events; a highlight on many summer calendars. March (or watch) the Grande Parade, build castles in the sand, eat fair food without a care for the calories, ride the zipper and the bumper cars, learn to square-dance, take in a concert, remember what it’s like to be a kid again. Rekindle your memories or create new ones with family and friends every August! Look at: http://www.peachfest.com/
26. Penticton Square Dance Festival from 8 till 11. August.
27. Superleague Triathlon Series from 17. till 19. August. Look at: https://superleaguecanada.com
The fourth time a Challenge event will be held in North America and the exclusive Challenge Family race in Canada.
Test your strength and endurance in an iron-distance triathlon in the heart of Okanagan Wine Country. Join athletes from all over the world for the 3.8 km swim, the 180 km cycle and the 42.2 km run. Challenge Penticton is the race of a lifetime and the perfect way to train, compete and vacation in paradise. Register now to join Penticton in August 2014 as the B.C. city is welcomed into the Challenge Family fold. Look at: www.challenge-penticton.com
28. The 18th Annual Pentastic Hot Jazz Festival from 7. till 9. September.
Penticton BC hosts 3 days of World Class Jazz to entertain and excite music lovers of all ages. Don’t Miss It! Swing, big band, rhythm and blues, Cajun and Dixieland; there are lots of venues to discover new bands or take in your old favourites at hot jazz spots throughout the city. Look at: www.pentasticjazz.com
29. Young Stars Classic from 7. till 11. September. Look at: https://visitpenticton.com/young-stars
30. Penticton Dragon Boat Festival on 8. and 9. September. Look at: https://pentictondragonboat.com/
31. Freak`n Farmer Adventure Obstacle Race on 22. September. look at: http://www.hoodooadventures.ca/
32. Okanagan Fall Wine Festival from 27. September till 7. October.
Fill your glass! You are right in the heart of wine country, so it makes perfect sense you’d base your wine festival adventure here, no matter what time of year you choose to visit. The Spring, Fall and Winter festivals each feature more than 100 events and plenty of opportunities for you to meet and mingle with winemakers. Whether you’re a wine spectator or connoisseur! Look at www.thewinefestivals.com
34. Ashley Home store Curling Classic from 1. till 5. November.
35. Penticton Santa Claus Parade on 1. December.