Penticton Festivals 2019
Penticton Festivals 2019, South Okanagan Valley
1. Okanagan Winter Wine Festival: 22nd Annual Sun Peaks Winter Okanagan Wine Festival 11 – 20. January. Look at: https://www.sunpeaksresort.com/wine-festival
2. Okanagan Valley Throwdown on 9. and 10. February. Look at: http://www.throwdownseries.ca/the-series/
3. Apex Mountain Resort: Brewski, a Craft Beer, Cider and Spirits Event on 9. February.
Look at: https://www.apexresort.com/events/
4. OneWorld Multicultural Celebration on 23. February. Look at: http://www.soics.ca/programs/welcoming-communities/one-world-Penticton
5. Apex Mountain Resort: Verticals and Vintages on 9. March. Look at: htpps://www.apexresort.com/events/
6. BDO CSSHL Championship on March 7-17, look at: www.csshl.ca
7. Penticton Ramada Elevator Race on 23. March. Look at: http://www.hoodooAadventures.ca/the-elevator-race/
Location Villa Orion Penticton on Google Maps
Explore on Google Maps the stunning location of Villa Orion (= Orion Consultings Ltd.= the owner).
8. Okanagan Fest-of-Ale on 12. and 13. April. Look at: http://festofale.ca/
9. Okanagan Spring Wine Festival, Best of Varietal Best Wine Awards and Reception from 1. till 12. May. Look at: https://www.winefestivals.com/
Fill your glass! It’s easy to do at three fabulous festivals in the South Okanagan: spring, summer or fall. You are right in the heart of Okanagan Wine Country. The festivals each feature more than 100 events and plenty of opportunities for you to meet and mingle with winemakers.
www.thewinefestivals.com. Be the first to see who wins the 2014 Best of Varietal Awards! Join us from 6pm – 8:30pm as we hand out the Best of Varietal Awards. Spring Okanagan WestJet Wine Tastings are a celebration of all things fresh and alive. Sip swirl and discover what the Okanagan Valley has to offer in the world of wine.
10. Barley Mill Pub Bare Bones Duathlon on 11. May.
11. Meadowlark Nature Festival from 16. till 20. May. Look at: .
Celebrate Mother Nature and more than 100 ways to love our natural surroundings at the annual Meadowlark Nature Festival. Learn about Penticton’s unique ecosystem through guided excursions on horseback, bike or voyageur canoe. Stroke a snake, pan for gold, take a nature art-class – this is one festival that’s completely hands-on. Attend workshops and presentations by environmental experts who share insights into the plant and wildlife that call this place home.
12. Penticton Beer Run on 8. June. Look at: http://www.hoodooadventures.ca/penticton-beer-run/
13. Peach City Bridge Tournament from 10. till 16. June. Look at: http://tournaments.acbl.org/
14. Peach City Beach Cruise from 21. till 23. June. Look at: www.peachcitybeachcruise.com.
Hit the open road for Penticton and relive the golden days when hot rods ruled the roads. Enjoy three days of action! More than 800 classic, antique and hot rod cars and motorcycles show off their vintage vibe!
15. Pacific Northwest Elvis Festival from 28. till 30. June.
Get ‘all shook up’ for this 3 day homage to the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll. If you recall the days of the King, you’ll want to experience Elvis tribute artists taking to the stage performing in a range of amateur and professional competitions. Headliners at the event will make you look twice and question if Elvis is really still alive and well. The Sunday morning gospel show is always one of the festival’s most popular events. Look at: www.pentictonelvisfestival.ca
16. Penticton Ribfest from 28. June till 1. July. Look at http://www.pentictonribfest.com/
17. Penticton Canada Day Celebrations on 1. July.
18. Penticton Scottish Festival on 6. July.
19. Okanagan Trestles Tour on 7. July.
20. Granfondo Axel Merckx Okanagan Cyclist Race on 13. and 14. July.
Discover for yourself why Cycling Canada Magazine rated Penticton and Wine Country Canada’s #1 cycling community! Competitive and recreational cyclists come here together. Choose from the 55-kilometre, 92-kilometre or a 160-kliometre Granfondo ride. Look at: www.granfondoaxelmerckx.com
21. Peach Classic Triathlon on 21. July.
Peach Classic Triathlon will be the 33nd running of this long standing event. This year the race will be covered live by 4 internet cameras. Finish, swim, transition bike/run. Peach Classic Course is:
Swim – 1.5 km Olympic & 750 meter Sprint. Starting from the Ironman Beach and returning to it. The course will be managed by Penticton Search & Rescue. 1 hour cut-off time.
Bike – 40 km Olympic & 20 km Sprint. From the transition cyclists will head west along Lakeshore Drive to the roundabout at S.S. Sicamous, back along Lakeshore Drive, up Vancouver Hill etc.
Run – 10 km Olympic & 5 km Sprint. ’BIG CLASSIC CHANGE’. From transition athletes will head east on Lakeshore Drive and follow bike route up Vancouver Hill to Vancouver Place where athletes will join KVR trail etc.
22. Penticton Peach Festival from 7. till 11. August.
Remember long days at the county fair, playing carnival games and thrilling to all the excitement of the midway? Take that feeling and multiply it by 67 and you’ll come close to experiencing Penticton Peachfest. It’s the oldest of all Penticton’s events; a highlight on many summer calendars. March (or watch) the Grande Parade, build castles in the sand, eat fair food without a care for the calories, ride the zipper and the bumper cars, learn to square-dance, take in a concert, remember what it’s like to be a kid again. Rekindle your memories or create new ones with family and friends every August! Look at: http://www.peachfest.com/
23. Superleague Triathlon Series from 21. till 25. August. Look at: https://superleaguecanada.com
The fifth time a Challenge event will be held in North America and the exclusive Challenge Family race in Canada.
Test your strength and endurance in an iron-distance triathlon in the heart of Okanagan Wine Country. Join athletes from all over the world for the 3.8 km swim, the 180 km cycle and the 42.2 km run. Challenge Penticton is the race of a lifetime and the perfect way to train, compete and vacation in paradise. Register now to join Penticton in August 2014 as the B.C. city is welcomed into the Challenge Family fold. Look at: www.challenge-penticton.com
24. The 18th Annual Pentastic Hot Jazz Festival from 6. till 8. September.
Penticton BC hosts 3 days of World Class Jazz to entertain and excite music lovers of all ages. Don’t Miss It! Swing, big band, rhythm and blues, Cajun and Dixieland; there are lots of venues to discover new bands or take in your old favourites at hot jazz spots throughout the city. Look at: www.pentasticjazz.com
25. Penticton Dragon Boat Festival on 7. and 8. September. Look at: https://pentictondragonboat.com/
26. Freak`n Farmer Adventure Obstacle Race on 21. September. look at: http://www.hoodooadventures.ca/
27. Okanagan Fall Wine Festival from 26. September till 6. October.
Fill your glass! You are right in the heart of wine country, so it makes perfect sense you’d base your wine festival adventure here, no matter what time of year you choose to visit. The Spring, Fall and Winter festivals each feature more than 100 events and plenty of opportunities for you to meet and mingle with winemakers. Whether you’re a wine spectator or connoisseur! Look at www.thewinefestivals.com
34. Ashley Home store Curling Classic from 22. till 25. November.
35. Penticton Santa Claus Parade on 7. December.